Saturday 24 March 2012

Bone Suckin' Yaki review!


Well I was given the opportunity to do a review of Bone Sucking' Sauce from Ford's Foods, Inc. Yesterday morning I receive a complimentary bottle of Bone Suckin' Sauce and one of Bone Suckin' Yaki by courier which I am pretty excited in doing a review on. This company produce sauces, salsa, hot sauce, mustards. I first heard of this sauce on Facebook and in Morehead city when I came across it at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store. What is really impressive with all their sauce is that they are all made by 100 percent natural products and the big bonus is that they are all gluten and fat free!

OK let's get this review going!

Bone Sucking Yaki

Aroma:

This sauce has a nice soy smell with a little hint of garlic which isn't overwelming.

Texture:

Well this Yaki sauce is on the semi-liquid side and again folks don't let that fool you! The colour of this sauce is of dark brownish and blackish side.

Taste:

The Bone Suckin' Yaki sauce right of the spoon is not too sweet and has a well balance with the complex flavors of garlic, Italian Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If you love Asian food like me you will be totally impress with the taste of this Yaki sauce.

Taste after cooking/glazing:
I basted my salmon fillet with the Bone Sukin' Yaki before and during the cook. After the salmon was cook it left a nice glaze on the salmon. It lost a little bit of the its taste after the cooking was done. This was kind of good because it left some of the salmon natural taste come out which didn't allow the sauce to overwhelm its natural taste. A couple of day ago I also tried marinating some boneless skinless chicken breast over night before cooking it. The flavors of garlic, Italian Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil it gave to the chicken was wicked good!




Ingredients:

Cane Sugar, Tamari Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt), Balsamic Vinegar, Sesam Oil*, Xanthan Gum (a natural thickener) & spices.

*Adds a trivia amount of fat. Contains Soy.

Rating:

I have tried a lot of BBQ sauce in my time from all over the world. I am in the Canadian Navy and I always get different BBQ sauce from each places I go to try on my grill. This sauce was actually pretty good on everything I cooked with it. If you love Asian food like me you will definitely loved this one. I am giving this one a 4.5 star out of 5 stars. The only reason this one didn't get a 5 was that you had to apply multi layers to get lots of flavor! I am recommending this Bone Suckin Yaki to every backyard BBQer that wants' to give there cooking a nice Asian taste!


Here's a wicked good recipe using the Bone Sucking' Yaki!



Chinese Macaroni Recipe



    Ingredients

    • 2 stalks celery chopped
    • 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
    • 1 large onion chopped
    • 1 lb. cooked and cooled macaroni elbows
    • 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
    • 1/2 lb. thinly sliced beef strips or hamburger
    • 1tsp. garlic, minced
    • 1 tsp. ginger, minced 
    • Bone Suckin' Yaki 
    • Salt and pepper to taste

    Instructions

    1. In a skillet brown hamburger, drain off juices and set aside
    2. In same skillet add garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute
    3. Add celery, onions and green pepper, cook for 2-3 minutes
    4. Add meat, 2 tbsp. Bone Sukin' Yaki, mix well and cook for 2 minutes
    5. Add mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes
    6. Add cooked macaroni and mix thouroughly
    7. Add 3 tbsp. Bone Suckin' Yaki or add to taste and mix well to coat and simmer for 2 minutes
    8. Mix thouroughly and serve hot

There products can be found here:

In Canada: Canadian Retailers

Nova Scotia and Canadian online orders: From Mild To Wild



Happy Grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment