- 1 1/2 pounds tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic approximately two fresh cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of Pepper blend
Sunday, 11 March 2012
Lemon and Garlic Shrimps on the BBQ
Well today I wanted to try some shrimps on my BBQ which I never tried doing before. I decided to try this recipe which is actually pretty good and easy to do. It's very important that your shrimps are completely unthawed before doing this recipe.
1. Preheat the Kamado Joe, Big Green Egg, Charcoal BBQ or Propane BBQ for direct cooking or use Grillgrates for semi-indirect cooking. You want to pre-heat to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. With a sharp knife, remove tails from prawns, and butterfly them from the underside.
3. In a small cast iron saucepan or frying pan, melt butter with garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Pour 1/4 cup butter mixture in a small bowl, and brush onto prawns. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over shrimp.
4. Place Shrimps on skewers that have been pre-soaked in water and cook for 1.5 to 2.5 minutes on the BBQ and don't forget to rotate them, or until done. (you can check by cutting into one and it has to be white all the way through to be fully done) Don't overcook them or they can be dry and rubbery! Serve with remaining butter mixture for dipping.
Enjoy and happy grilling!