Well today I decided to make some calzones on the BBQ these are quite delicious! If you’re a pizza lover you will definitely love calzones. I decided to make my famous Pineapple explosion calzones which my kids and wife really loves!
• 2 1/4 TSP active dry yeast
• 1/2 TSP brown sugar
• 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
• 1 TSP salt
• 2 TBSP olive oil
• 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 TSP garlic powder
• 1 TSP Italian seasoning
1. In mixer bowl add yeast 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar and warm water whisk until smooth. Let stand until mixture is foamy, 10 to 15 minutes;
2. Stir the salt, oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and 2 cups flour;
3. Start kneading or use a dough hook using the stand mixture;
4. Add some more floor and knead until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well-oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take approximately 1 hour (you can rise it in your oven with the oven light on which will be the perfect heat for rising it). Punch down the dough, and form into 3 tight ball. Make sure to let the dough relax for a minute or two before rolling out into oval shapes.
• 1 Red pepper diced
• 1 orange pepper diced
• 1 onion diced
• 3 cloves garlic minced
• 2 TBSP olive oil
• 2 Chicken breast cut into cubes
• 2 fully cook Italian sausage sliced
• ¾ tsp fresh ground pepper
• ½ tsp kosher salt
• 1 tbsp of club House Roasted Garlic Peppers
1. In Frying pan cook your chicken after chicken is almost done add the rest of the ingredients accept the club house Roasted Garlic Peppers and keep cooking till the pepper are no longer crunchy. The last minute of cooking stir in the Club House Roasted Garlic Peppers.
• Mozilla Cheese graded
• Graded Parmesan cheese
• Diced pineapple
• VH Pineapple cooking sauce
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp milk
1. Put a layer of pineapple cooking sauce;
2. Put a layer of Mozilla cheese and Parmesan cheese;
3. Now put in the calzone stuffing on half of the dough and top with diced pineapple;
4. Put a layer of Mozilla cheese and Parmesan cheese on top;
5. In a small bowl beat the egg and milk to make your egg wash;
6. Paint the edges of the dough with egg wash;
7. Its now time to carefully full the calzone dough over;
8. With a fork crimp edges of calzone to seal and poke holes on top of calzone with fork;
9. Put a light layer of egg wash on top of calzone;
10. Pre heat BBQ and pizza stone to 500 Degrees Fahrenheit;
11. Cook for approximately 10 minutes but turning calzone a few time. Keep cooking till the top of calzone is nice and golden.
Serve and enjoy!
Bonne Appetite and Happy Grilling!