Sunday, 5 May 2013
Fresh trout on the old BBQ!
Well today I went fishing at a local lake and caught some fresh trout. So I decided to cook them on the BBQ in a cast iron frying pan. These are pretty tasty on the BBQ and real easy to cook! I cook them the way my folks use to cook it for me when I was in my younger age lol!
Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub or your favorite rub
1. Clean your fresh trout under fresh water;
2. Pre-heat your BBQ to 350 Degrees ºF.
3. In a large bowl mix a mixture of flour and Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub or your favorite rub;
4. Now place your trout in bowl and coat them evenly with the flour mixture;
5. Melt 2 TBSP of butter in the Frying Pan on the BBQ and ounce the butter is melted place trout in Frying pan and close BBQ Lid;
6. Keep flipping the trout every couple minute or so to ensure even cooking and to prevent burning. Keep doing this till the trout is ready.
Tip: You can also sprinkle a little more flour on them on the first couple of flip.
Happy Grilling and Bonne appétit!