Sunday 5 May 2013

Fresh trout on the old BBQ!


Well today I went fishing at a local lake and caught some fresh trout. So I decided to cook them on the BBQ in a cast iron frying pan. These are pretty tasty on the BBQ and real easy to cook! I cook them the way my folks use to cook it for me when I was in my younger age lol!

Ingredients

Flour
Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub or your favorite rub

Direction

1. Clean your fresh trout under fresh water;





2. Pre-heat your BBQ to 350 Degrees ºF.

3. In a large bowl mix a mixture of flour and Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub or your favorite rub;




4. Now place your trout in bowl and coat them evenly with the flour mixture;




5. Melt 2 TBSP of butter in the Frying Pan on the BBQ and ounce the butter is  melted place trout in Frying pan and close BBQ Lid;

6. Keep flipping the trout every couple minute or so to ensure even cooking and to prevent burning. Keep doing this till the trout is ready.





Tip:  You can also sprinkle a little more flour on them on the first couple of flip.

Happy Grilling and Bonne appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment