Well since today is Easter Sunday I decided to grill a nice ham on the grill using my rotisserie! This is actually quite easy to make and the end results is amazingly good! You can also make this on your propane BBQ rotisserie but I decided to use my Kamado Joe so that I can get more of a smoke flavor in the meat. Let’s get grilling!
• 1 Ham
• 1 Cup unsweetened apple juice
• 3/4 Cup pineapple juice
• 4 TBSP Brown sugar or to taste
• 4 TBSP Honey
• 2 TBSP Mustard
• 1 TBSP Cherry Sauce
• ½ TSP Cinnamon
You will also need some liquid honey and brown sugar to glaze at the end of the cook
1. Bring all the ingredients to a boil stirring frequently;
2. Let mixture cool a little then inject the ham evenly;
3. Score the outside of the ham with a sharp knife;
4. Place pineapple slices on ham securing it with toothpick;
5. Refrigerate the ham for a couple of hours;
6. Pre-heat you Grill for 225 Degrees and prep your rotisserie;
7. Cook on the rotisserie for approximately 2 hours (approximately 15 minutes per Pound) or until internal temp reaches 150 degrees. I also added a couple of cherry wood chunks in the beginning of the cook for extra smoke flavor;
8. Now it’s time to brush ham with liquid honey then sprinkle some brown sugar on it and cook for another 5-10 minutes but shut the heat for this part of the cook ( for ceramic cookers close all vents. Keep close eye on ham since sugar can burn easily!
Happy Grilling and Bonne Appetite!