Today I wanted to grill something healthy and different on the grill. I decided to do some pineapple plank salmon on the BBQ. I also decided to glaze the salmon with a pineapple sauced topped with chopped pineapple. This is quite easy to do on the grill and very tasty.
• 1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple with its juice (about 4 ounces total)
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 medium lime
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
• Pinch salt
• 2 6- to 8-ounce salmon fillets
• 2 large pineapple planks (two large piece of the pineapple peal to use as planks)
• VH Pineapple sauce
Cut large pineapple planks off a fresh pineapple. I use the pineapple peal as the planks;
Place salmon on the pineapple planks and coat the top of the fillet with VH Pineapple Sauce;
Sprinkle each fillet lightly with salt. Now top each fillet with the pineapple mixture, and ensure that the fillets are evenly coated with the pineapple mixture;
Grill for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness, until the fish is cooked through, but not dry and half-way through the cook sprinkle extra brown sugar on top of fillets.