Ever wondered what to do with all your left over pull pork. Well today I was surfing the net researching some BBQ stuff and came across the following recipe and ideal from the Smoking Ring and the BBQ Grail. The pictures are from the BBQ Grail! This recipe is amazing and very good ideal in getting rid of left over pull pork!
Pulled Pork Cakes
- 3 cups or 1lbs pulled pork, course chopped
- 2 cups panko break crumbs or regular bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 clove garlic finely chopped
- optional finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt, Pepper and BBQ Rub, to taste ( I used Raging River from Dizzy Pig Spices)
- splash of Worcester sauce
- splash of franks red hot sauce
- Saute the vegetable till tender and let it cool!
- Put chopped pull pork in a large bowl with the cooled vegetable mixture, 1 cup bread crumbs or Panko crumbs, beaten egg, mayo, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, and Red Hot, and parsley. Mix till it starts to come together.
- You want it a little loose but not too loose to where it falls apart. If it's too loose tighten it up with some flour, about a tablespoon at a time.
- Don't make it too dry.
- Form your cakes and dredge them in the reserved cup of bread crumbs seasoned with your favourite BBQ Rub.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet to roughly 350 Degrees F.
- Fry till golden brown (being very careful not to burn).
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in a 300 degrees F oven or BBQ for about 15 minutes till they warm thru completely.