Well today I decided to do one of my favorite dishes on the BBQ. Making Sheppard’s Pie is pretty easy to and is very delicious! You can make this one any type of BBQ’s! Today I will be using my Broil King Gas Grill and the Big Green Egg BBQ to make my Sheppard’s pie.
• 5 large potatoes peeled and diced
• 1 pound lean ground hamburger
• 2 cans of cream of corn
• Freshly ground black peppers
• Onion powder
• Shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 1 TBSP Canola Oil
• 2 TBSP Butter
• 1 TBSP Club House Roasted Garlic & Peppers or you can use McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger
• Milk approximately ¼ cups
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and add butter & onion powder and start mashing using a potato masher but slowly blend in milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. (Only add little milk at a time because you don’t want it to creamy!);
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion, black pepper to taste and ground beef and cook until well browned and the last minute of cooking mix-in the Club House Roasted Garlic & Peppers;
3. Apply a thin layer of butter to the inside of the casserole dish to prevent sticking and spread the ground beef in an even layer on the bottom of casserole dish;
4. Next, spread a layer of the cream corn and add a light sprinkle of black pepper and Club House Roasted Garlic and Peppers;
5. Top with the mashed potato mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Bake indirect on the BBQ at 375 Degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. (I love adding one apple wood chunk for a little smoke flavor but this is optional);
Enjoy and Bon Appétit!