- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large white or red potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 large red sweet twister peppers, seeded and cut into wedges (you can also use red bell peppers)
- 2 large orange sweet twisted peppers, seeded and cut into wedges (you can also use green bell peppers)
- 3 large onions, cut into wedges
- 2 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or beer
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh chopped parsley to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat your BBQ to 350 degrees F.
Cut your onion into wedges, cut the peppers into wedges, finely chop your garlic and fresh parsley;
Using a soapstone or cast iron griddle cook the sausage until browned I spray a light coat of olive oil on the soapstone. If you don't have a soapstone or griddle you can cook them in large cast iron skillet using 2 teaspoon of olive oil;
Ounce the Italian sausages are ready cut them into 1 inch pieces then transfer the cooked sausage into your dutch oven or a large baking dish;
Slices your potatoes then brush them with olive oil;
Now cook your slices of potatoes on the soapstone, griddle or in a large skillet. Grill them till light brown on each side. don't forget to flip them a few time during the grilling process;
Pour 1/4 cup of olive oil into a large cast-iron skillet, grill and stir the red and orange twisted sweet peppers, garlic and onions in the skillet until they are beginning to soften;
Now add the orange twisted sweet peppers, garlic and onions to the dutch oven or large baking dish and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper;
Note: You can also add canned Italian stewed tomatoes for extra flavor.
Grill in the BBQ for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees F until the Italian dish is hot and bubbling.