Saturday, 28 July 2012
Breaded Scallops on the old BBQ!
Breaded Scallops recipe
Well today on my wife's birthday I decided to cook her some breaded scallops on the old BBQ. Making breaded scallops on the BBQ aren't that hard to make. They are a little time consuming to make but they are very tasty and totally worth it at the end. They are really good to make as appetizer for a little party.
I definitely recommend you to use Grillgrates to cook these due to the fact that it provides you with a non stick semi-indirect cooking surface or use a good quality griddle like the ones made by "the little griddle company". Fear not if you don't own one of these accessories you can still cook them in a Cast Iron Frying pan on the BBQ.
Well let's get cooking!
· 15 - 20 Large fresh Scallops
· 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
· 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
· 1 TBSP Dizzy Pig Raging River
· 1/2 TBSP Dizzy Pig Shakin' The Tree
· Optional for added heat you can replace Shakin' The Tree with Swamp Venom from Dizzy Pig rubs
· 1/2 TSP Kosher Salt
· 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a shallow bowl mixes the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Raging River, Shakin' the Tree, and Kosher Salt;
2. Wash scallops and Pat dry with Paper towel but ensure they are truly dry;
3. In a separate bowl add the Olive oil and mix in the scallops till the scallops are evenly coated with the Olive oil;
4. Now dip the scallops in the crumb mixtures and gently press the crumbs on the scallops;
5. Place the scallops on a aluminum cookie sheet and cover with a saran wrap and refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes;
6. Pre-heat your BBQ to 350 - 375 Degrees Fahrenheit. I highly recommend using Grillgrates or a Griddles to cook these. But if you don't have one you can cook them in a cast iron frying pan.
7. Cook approximately 3 - 4 minutes each side or until the center is opaque. If you want to use a good thermometer like the Thermapen the internal temp should be between 140 - 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
· 2 TBSP lemon zest
· 2 TSP lemon juice
· 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1/2 cup fresh finely chopped parsley
1. Mixed all the garnish ingredients
2. Sprinkle a little garnish on the freshly cooked breaded scallops and serve warp.
Optional: you can sprinkle a very light coating of Raging River rub on them for added flavor.
Bonne Appétit! and Happy Grilling!
You can get Grillgrates from here: Grillgrates
You can also get a griddle from The little Griddle here: Little Griddle