Friday, 16 March 2012
Punked Beer Can Chicken!
Well can you say beer can chicken! This is what I decided to cook today for supper on my Kamado Joe BBQ. This one is pretty easy to make and it's pretty famous among backyard BBQers!
· 1 good size fresh chicken
· 3 TBSP fresh parsley
· 1 1/2 TBSP black pepper or pepper blend
· 2 cloves garlic
· 1 can of your favorite beer
· 1 cup apple juice
· 1 foil pan
· Some Dizzy Pig Raging River rub or your favorite rub
· some cherry wood chips
· Punk Gourmet Mild Sauce
1. Pre-heat your BBQ to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pre soak your cherry wood chips in some water.
3. Rub your chicken with Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub or favorite rub and apply some of the pepper and parsley as well. Also make sure to rub in-between the skin as well! Ensure you have a generous amount of rub applied!
4. Drink half of the beer and open lid of the beer can with can opener.
5. Put some of the rub in the beer and also put parsley and pepper in the beer.
6. Now place beer on beer can and in bee can stand inside of foil pan.
7. Remove water from wood chip and empty wood chips on top of hot coals then place BBQ rack and put chicken on the BBQ and close lid and let it smoke and cook! Also put one cup of apple juice in pan. (for propane BBQers you can use a smoke box for your wood chips for smoking)
8. Cook for approximately one hour or until internal chicken temp reaches 165 degree Fahrenheit.
9. The last few minutes of the cook mop the chicken with The Punk Gourmet Sauce.
You can tent your chicken with foil near the end of the cook to keep a nice even golden colour!
Here's were to find Punk's Gourmet Pepper Sauces products:
You can find this sauce in your local Piggly Wiggly grocery stores or Piggly Wiggly , BBQ haunts, butcher shops as well as Birmingham Fire House Subs.
You can also order it directly from there website: PunkThisNow (there website is still under construction)
There fan Facebook Page: PunkThisNow Facebook Page
There blog can be found here: Blog
Company contact info:
Punk's Gourmet Pepper Sauces
139 Turkey Hollow LnAshville, AL35953
Tel: (205) 594-4388
To find a dealer near you click on link here: Dizzy Pig Dealer Locater
Dizzy Pig Rubs is available here in Nova Scotia:
Sparkling Pools and Spas
515 Main Street
Dartmouth (NS) B2W 4K1
Web address: Sparkling pools and spas