Sunday, 3 June 2012
Bone Suckin' Chicken Wings on the grill!
Well today I decided to make some chicken wings on my Kamado Joe grill. I decided to make them using the Bone Suckin' Sauce Poultry Seasoning & Rub and finish them off with a generous coating of Bone Suckin' Sauce thicker version. Making chicken wing on any type of BBQ is pretty easy.
You can basically cook them direct or indirect which is usually a personal preference. I like using the indirect method due to the fact that it prevents flare ups and easier to keep and maintain a constant temp. But when it comes to saucing the wings at the end I like doing it direct to get the nice grill marks on them with a little bit of charring. The best thing is to experiment with both methods and find which one your more comfortable with.
Lots of folks where asking me how to cook indirect on a propane BBQ. Well its actually pretty easy to do. All you have to do is light one of you burners on one side and leave the other one on the other side off. Bring internal BBQ to desired temp them place your meat on the side of the grill were the burner is off and it's that easy!
If you like your BBQ toys like me you can cook them semi-indirect using Grillgrates which I think is the best for cooking wings, delicate fish, steaks, etc... These Grillgrates also give you the perfect grill marks every time. Well enough with this and let's get cooking!
· Bone Suckin' Sauce poultry Seasoning & Rub
· Bone Suckin' Sauce thicker version
· 24 Split chicken wings
1. Place your wings in a large Bowl and seasoned them well with the • Bone Suckin' Sauce poultry Seasoning & Rub and place them in refrigerator for 2 hours;
2. Pre-Heat your BBQ to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and set it up for indirect cooking;
3. Oil your grill and place your wings on the grill and cook at 275 Degrees Fahrenheit for 45-55 minutes or until you reach internal temp of 165 Degrees Fahrenheit. It is also good idea to flip your wings every 15 minutes. For the last few minutes of the cook I apply the sauce.
Enjoy and Bon Appétit!