Saturday, 9 June 2012
Home made Pizza Dough Recipe
Here's a wicked good pizza dough recipe a good friend of mine gave me. I though I would share it with everyone since I was tottaly impress with the results from it. Nothing is better then home made pizza cook on a pizza stone or on bricks on the BBQ!
· 2 1/4 TSP active dry yeast
· 1/2 TSP brown sugar
· 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
· 1 TSP salt
· 2 TBSP olive oil
· 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
· Optional: 1/2 TSP Italian seasoning
1. In a large bowl or in stand mixture bowl, dissolve yeast and brown Sugar in warm (110 degrees F) water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir the salt and oil and optional ingredients into the yeast solution.
3. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour and start kneading or use a dough hook using the stand mixture.
4. Add some more floor and knead until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take approximately 1 hour (you can rise it in your oven with the oven light on which will be the perfect heat for rising it). Punch down the dough, and form into a tight ball (you can make two balls if you like tin crust pizza). Make sure to let the dough relax for a minute or two before rolling out.
5. Cover with your favourite sauce and toppings.
Here's a video from the BBQ Pitboy's that shows you how to cook pizza on bricks like the good old days instead of a pizza stone!
Enjoy and happy Grilling!