- 1.5 teaspoon (tsp) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1/4 cups pizza flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm (110 degrees F) water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. You also can use a Kitchen aid food mixture with dough hook. Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat BBQ to 450 degrees F.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. P.S. this recipes has enough dough to do two twelve inch pizza.
Pre-heat Kamado Joe with heat deflector with pizza stone sitting on top of the heat deflector at 450 degrees F. Cook for 10-12 minutes till golden or to taste and enjoy!