Friday 17 February 2012

Roast beef cook in Cast Iron Dutch Oven on Big Green Egg!


Today I decided to make a Roast beef on the Big Green Egg using the Cast Iron Dutch oven. This is pretty easy to make and is very delicious!

Here's how you make it. You first put your roast beef preferably with bone in the Dutch oven. Now fill the Dutch oven with water to the high of your piece of meat. The next step is to add two onion chop up in small pieces, two minced garlic cloves. For spices I added 1 TSP of Kosher salt, 1 TSP celery salt, fresh parsley to taste, 1.5 TSP black pepper, 1/4 TSP garlic salt and 2 OZ of Jack Daniels.

I pre-heated my Big Green Egg to 350 degree F. Once the fire was well establish I place my Dutch oven on top of my grill grates to cook for 45 minutes with lid on. (You can also cook this on a Weber Performer BBQ)

After its been cooking for 45 minutes I added turnips and carrots and left it cooking for another 45 minutes (I also make shore there still enough water left). 


Now it's time to add the potatoes and a little more water and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes are ready!


Now enjoy this basic and easy to do roast beef!

No comments:

Post a Comment