Everyone loves the taste of fresh White Bread and here's a very easy recipe to make it on your BBQ or you can cook it in your oven! I love my bread cook on my Kamado Joe or Big Green Egg BBQ with a hint of smoke flavour!
• 3 cups warm water
• 3 tablespoons active dry yeast
• 3 teaspoons salt
• 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 8 cups bread flour
1. In a large bowl, combine warm water 100 degrees F, yeast, sugar, and let sit till yeast is foamy.
2. Now mix in the, salt, oil, and 4 cups flour. Mix thoroughly, and gradually add the other 4 cups flour, kneading until smooth. Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn several times to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled. (I use a Kitchen Aid mixer with doe Hook to mixe)
3. Punch down the dough, let it rest a few minutes. Divide dough into three equal parts. Shape into loaves, and place in three 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch greased bread pans. Let rise until almost doubled.
4. Pre-Heat BBQ for indirect cooking at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
5. If using the Kamado Joe use the heat deflector with a pan of water and place the bread loaves on the grill on top of it and cook for 35 to 45 minutes. The loaves may need to be covered for the last few minutes with foil to prevent excess browning.
6. For Big Green Egg user use the plate setter with legs up and place water pan on plate setter with the grill on top of it. Now place the loaves of bread on the grill and cook as per above!
7. You can add a little wood chips for smoke flavour if desired!
8. In home oven:
I hope you enjoy!