Saturday, 14 April 2012
Battered Sole fillets cook on the BBQ using the Kettle-Q griddle!
Well for supper today my wife wanted some fish. So I decided to cook up some Sole Fillets. These are pretty easy to cook on the BBQ using a griddle. For this cook I used my Kamado Joe BBQ with the Kettle-Q griddle! The big bonus of cooking this on the BBQ is that you don't get the fish smell in the house. Well let's get cooking!
2 TBSP Raging River (Dizzy Pig Spices)
3/4 Cup flour
8 Sole fillets
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1. In a plate or large bowl add the spices, flour, and blend very well and this will be your batter;
2. In a separate bowl add the large egg and milk and beat together and this will be your egg wash;
3. Now dip the Sole fillets in the egg wash and ensure it well coated;
4. Now dip the egg wash Sole fillets in the batter;
5. Place the battered Sole fillets in a casserole and cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes for the batter to set;
6. Now it's time to light your BBQ and preheat it and the griddle till water sizzle very fast on the griddle;
7. Place the battered Sole fillets on the griddle and cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until nice and golden!
Happy Grilling and stay tune for more great recipe, reviews and tips!